Castacombs - Warlock

castacombs
User

Name/Age: Aaron, 26

Character Name and BattleTag: Castacombs, DrBananaEsq#1468

Guild leadership prefers that raiders do not have alt-code characters in their name. Is this something that will cause an issue for you?

I avoid alt-code characters in names but promise I will try and resist the temptation to be named Çäštàçómbš should I transfer over.

Main Class/Spec: Warlock, rip in peace demonology

Armory profile Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/turalyon/castacombs

Current Warcraftlogs Link:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/turalyon/castacombs

Nothing special, I tried out demonology after the nerf but swapped to destruction as it is, again, much better for nearly every mythic fight. I’m content with my parses, though I am always looking to improve. Destro is probably my weakest spec, comparatively, simply because it has been the least played over the last couple tiers, so I have considerably less experience with it. Fortunately, it’s pretty brain dead and not hard to pick up.

Post a picture of your current artifact tree, and  any offspecs you plan on playing:

As shown in armory, current heart level at the time of posting is 40

https://i.imgur.com/nQ7rNfn.jpg

Post a screenshot of your Raid UI In Combat:

Destro: https://i.imgur.com/Xl50HVs.jpg

Aff/Demo (Not’s WA set): https://i.imgur.com/LQJ2oNW.jpg

What secondary specs or alternative characters do you feel you play at a similar level to your main? What recent experience do you have playing them? Would you be comfortable playing any of these alts as your main if you were accepted? Please link their armories and relevant logs if applicable.

I have a death knight I mained for a tier-ish in legion, it’s still sitting at 110 though. If needed I can bring it up to raid ready. I can play all three warlock specs competitively, with demo being my personal favorite to play.

Computer specs:

Ryzen 7 2700 - CPU

Nvidia GTX 1070 - GPU

16 GB DDR4 - Ram

I play at 2560 x 1440

Post a screenshot of your ISP speed test:

https://i.imgur.com/2bVR3Q1.jpg

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8159616054

Is your connection stable? Yes

Do you have Discord/working mic? Yes

What addons do you use? We require Angry Assignments and RC Loot Council for loot distribution.

I keep a relatively clean addon setup. My raid addons are: BigWigs/LittleWigs, Weakauras, AngryAssignments, and Details! I can obviously download anything that is needed.

What made you consider Unrivaled?  If you are currently raiding, what made you choose to apply to us?

I am looking at Unrivaled because it is an exceptionally strong 8-hour guild, and I’ve always liked the lighter raid schedule with more efficient progression that comes from two-day guilds.

Raid times will be Tues/Wed from 9:30pm to 1:30am EST (8:30-12:30ST), with the occasional addition of a 3rd night on Mondays, primarily during opening Mythic week, or to add a heroic clear for gear early in the tier.  While we understand sometimes life gets in the way, running a lighter two-night schedule makes it imperative our players do not miss raid nights.  Do you foresee anything in your personal schedule that would cause you to miss raids, including the occasional third night, with any sort of frequency?

Unrivaled’s raid schedule is nearly identical to mine currently, minus Monday nights, so no issues at all. Raid times are late enough that it is highly unlikely to have any conflicts with real life.

Give us a pertinent history of your past raiding guilds as well as the reason(s) you parted ways. What content have you cleared in the past while relevant i.e. before the next tier is released? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?  Lastly, list any references you feel would add depth to your character as well as provide us an accurate picture of the kind of player you are.

I have a long history of raiding from all the way back to vanilla. I’ll be brief for most of the past decade’s worth of raiding, but I cleared just about every bit of content while it was relevant, competed for server firsts in Ulduar, and then took a break until Mists launched. This is where I picked up my warlock and have played him consistently since.

In Mists I raided casually with Resurgence on Kilrogg, and around mid-Warlords I transferred to Whisperwind, as Resurgence had stopped raiding, and raided with Helm’s Elite from HFC through Nighthold. This was my home for nearly two years, but they broke up mid-progression in NH. I ended up bumping around trying to find a home. I did end up getting Curve on Guldan but then took a break shortly into Tomb as the guild I was with was ultra-toxic and burned me out.

I picked up my Deathknight for a change of pace, raiding with Helios on Emerald Dream all through Antorus, though they fell apart right before Argus progression began. I did get a small chance to flex my leadership chops, as I was in charge of Death Knight related shenanigans on Aggramar. I attempted to join a higher progression guild after Helios but didn’t quite make the cut with my babby melee skills, so I swapped back to warlock for BfA.

I am currently in Diffusion on Turalyon and have been with them since the beginning of Uldir. We did fully clear and achieve curve, however our progress in BoD has stagnated as we have not been able to assemble a fullteam or raid for 2 weeks, and I think it’s time I start looking elsewhere as I want to see this tier completed.

As an edit, Diffusion is no longer raiding.

I hate changing guilds, especially mid-tier. I just want to find a cutting-edge capable guild that can consistently hold a team together for longer than a tier, and then live there. This is really why I am considering Unrivaled as it definitely fits that description and seems like a great place to raid.

A lot of raiders I’ve played with have quit, but I can offer a few references .

Thearcanine – Stormreaver : Helm’s Elite raider and pal

Redmezz#1340 – Helm’s Elite raider and also friend

Verdexi – Whisperwind : Helm’s Elite raid leader while I was with them

We want to know the person potentially joining Unrivaled, so tell us about yourself.  It should be noted that we highly favor applicants that take the time to go into detail during this section versus blowing right through it with zero thought.  Include in your answer why you feel you’d be a great asset to us as well as what you desire to receive from your long-term raiding home.   We work tirelessly  to ensure Unrivaled  remains a great place to raid and exclusively desire candidates driven to contributing to our success.

I’m currently a college student, and generally try not to take things too seriously. Beyond that, I play DnD once a week, play Path of Exile excessively on league launches, and am a Dark Souls fanatic. Sekiro has been my life and torment for the last few weeks and it’s great.

I mentioned it earlier in the app, but I am really just looking for a good home. The most fun I’ve had in this game is when I was an established and active member of a community, and that’s ultimately what I want out of Unrivaled. I am a consistent raider with nearly perfect attendance in any raiding group I’ve been in, and I do understand what goes into Mythic progression. I’ve been raiding for over a decade, so I understand what it takes to prepare for fights, and I am not above asking questions and taking responsibility for mistakes.

Outside of raiding, I do enjoy doing M+. I was big on it in Legion when I had a consistent team to play with, but the enthusiasm has dropped after Infested was a thing. As it stands, Reaping is much more fun, but I’m not all that keen on M+ as destro. I do occasionally do some with some friends, however. 

Edited Thu 04.04.2019 1:59 PM
Posted Thu 04.04.2019 11:37 AM